1,196 Miles Later

On Monday I flew out of Dallas at 6 a.m., and arrived in California by 8 a.m. I helped my brother pick up a U-Haul, loaded up all of his things, and left the next morning at 6 a.m. 
Tuesday, we spent 16 hours on the road, stopping around every 2 hours to fill up on gas. We made it all the way to Tucumcari, New Mexico and stayed in a little hotel just right off of the I-40E. 
Wednesday, we slept in a little bit, checked out of the hotel by 9 a.m. and had a short 6 hour drive home. It was tiresome, it was long, and we were exhausted, but we made it. 
Not only did we make it home, but we did a whole day earlier than expected. Being in a U-Haul that can only go 55mph doesn't make for the most exciting road trip, so we were both very relieved to have been early. We passed the time by watching different shows, loading up on snacks at Target and having conversation. 
It was an out of the ordinary trip, that has left both of us dragging our feet the past few hours, but we persevered and are ready to get back into a routine. I think my routine will be a little bit easier to get back in the groove of, because I wasn't the one who just moved over halfway across the country. 
Now that I'm back, it's time to prepare for some much more exciting things coming up in 'The Gap Year Story' world! Be prepared!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pumpkin Farmer

Travel Broadens The Mind

Workout Wednesday