Packing Tips for Procrastinators



When you're always traveling, packing can be more of a beating than it is anticipation for your trip. Coming home and unpacking a suitcase just to fill it up again the next week starts to feel pointless, you realize your makeup bag is going right back in it's designated side anyways, and as long as socks and underwear get taken out and washed, they can just be put right back in, right?
WRONG!
Don't live out of a bag just because you're lazy! Trust me, if there's anyone who's guilty of this, it's me. 
I always found myself overpacking things I wanted and under-packing things I needed. How will I know if I want to use Modern Renaissance or Full Exposure until the day of?! Maybe I'll want my grey socks instead of my pink ones? 
I did this to myself every time it was time to go on a trip. The worst part was, I waited until midnight the night before my departure to do it. So not only was I overthinking what I needed, I was rushing myself in the process, which just meant even more things were being thrown in to my suitcase. 

But, alas, after 13 years of flights, train trips, car rides and more, I've learned to be just a little bit better. Here are some tips that can help you if you're just like me. 

I'm not going to try and get you to fix your procrastination, because the best of us know that will never happen. Instead, the next time you find yourself doing your laundry, leave out something you know you're going to be needing in a few days. That's right, I'm giving you an excuse to not put your laundry away!! If you know you're going on a road trip in a few days, set aside a couple of pairs of socks or a pair of jeans on the top of your dryer. This way, when it's time to pack, you know you have a reasonable amount of items set out and it's once less thing you have to search your drawers for. 

Next, re-think your makeup. Pack the necessities only. Have a small, separate bag that holds concealer, mascara and your go to lip color and set it aside so it's always ready to be tossed in a suitcase. Give your extra 6 eye palettes a kiss on the forehead and lay them back down gently. It's not necessary. If you have a certain event taking place, go over the exact makeup you need and take only that. Other than that, pack lightly. Especially if you're flying. There's always the risk of something in your bags getting damaged, and imagine how you would feel if all of your highlighters were smashed instead of just the one. See my point?

Lastly, think about your shoes!! Not only can shoes be unnecessary, but they can become a burden by how much they weigh down your bag! Think about it logically before you leave. Realistically, you don't need more than one pair of sandals. Going hiking? Great! Bring your choice pair of tennis shoes/water shoes. Have a fancy event to attend? Pick out one pair of heels to match. A couple of years ago, you could have caught me packing 2 different Nike shoes, 3 different sandals and a pair of flats just to be gone 3 days. All because I thought I needed options! It's not necessary, and when you think about it, not smart. I like to leave my go to slip on shoes by the edge of my bed, and a pair of tennis shoes always right on the inside of my closet. That way, when it's time to pack, I can pick both pairs up quickly and be done. 

Getting into a groove is highly beneficial when you find yourself traveling a lot, and it's always better to find your own groove rather than someone else's. I hope some of my tips work for you, and that you can create your own groove with some of the suggestions I gave. 


----xoxo, Bryn Mar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pumpkin Farmer

Travel Broadens The Mind

Workout Wednesday