A Little Out of the Ordinary

As a senior in high school, I was only ever presented with one option: go to college. Immediately. It was after many anxiety attacks, late night university research and talks with my mom that I decided it was time for a break (and not a two week one!). I made the decision to take a gap year, the only student in my class of 400+ graduates, and as the year has barely begun I can already tell you it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Late into my senior year I struggled with depression and anxiety, and it wasn't until after multiple therapy sessions and doctors appointments did I find myself standing back up on my own two feet. I have recently just been knocked off my feet again by a pesky little thing called adulthood. After recently purchasing my own car (with no drivers license mind you), dealing with closing out a Coogan account once reaching the age of 18, and starting up my own photography business, I am far from what anyone would call a "normal" 18 year old. My specialties on this gap year will be taking any and every trip I can make, growing my photography business and mastering my planning skills in my 365 Happy Planner.

Comments

  1. Good luck! Enjoy every minute of it. Plenty of time to jump back into college and I'm sure taking a breather will rejuvenate you. ~ JBH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pumpkin Farmer

Travel Broadens The Mind

Workout Wednesday