My Traveling Shoes Are On (And Cute)



It was a morning that coffee, Kendrick and crafting just couldn't fix. I was supposed to wake up at 3:30 a.m. My dad opens my door and turns on my light at 4 (when I was supposed to be leaving for the airport) telling me what time it was and that we needed to leave immediately. Luckily for me, the sweatpants and tank top I had slept in were considered acceptable airport apparel. I grabbed my laptop and phone charger, stuffed them in my bag and fumbled down the stairs.
 Also working in my favor, my dad loves to provide plenty of time to get through security and to his gate, so I made it with 26 minutes to spare until boarding time. I am a very experienced flyer and have been since the age of 6, but have only ever flown once by myself. The flight was bumpy, along with the connecting flight in Las Vegas where I had an hour layover. 
Once touching down in LA, however, everything has started to go 90 miles a minute. Sure I had gained two hours, but does that give me enough time to prepare to help my brother move home? Not really. ATM visits, quick lunch trips, U-Haul rentals and many hours on the road are ahead of us but there's nothing we can do but persevere. 
I'll still be blogging every day throughout the week, but expect a follow up to this crazy adventure on Thursday. For now, I need to start the long, long drive all the way back to my little piece of Texas. 

Comments

  1. Good luck!!! (Cute shoes & love the nail color. So 'oceany')

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pumpkin Farmer

Travel Broadens The Mind

Workout Wednesday