Highways & Byways


Record scratch. Freeze Frame. Let's start the trip from the beginning. I'll explain how we got here in a minute.
If you follow my Instagram (thegapyearstory) you know I've made my way down to San Antonio this week for some much needed adventure. 
Luckily for me, the hotel I'm staying at is pretty close to some of the nicest shopping centers I've ever seen.

I made sure to stop into some stores I've never been in before. The first one I went in was Charming Charlie's, which my sister-in-law described to me as "Claire's on crack" and boy was she right. The entire store is organized into color coded sections, with items ranging from tiaras, to dresses, to matching ghost necklaces and earrings. It was super adorable
, and the first thing I did when leaving was look up one closest to where I live.
There was another store I had never been in called Macy's Backstage. It is Macy's version of an outlet store, and boy can I say I was IN LOVE! They basically had everything a Macy's had, but cheaper. My favorite section of the store was their version of clearance, where everything was $10 or less. It was heaven. 
Check out my Instagram link to see pics of some of my favorite finds: https://instagram.com/p/BZWQ0zJhs7Q/
The blue dress and black top were from Macy's Backstage, while the perfect purple velvet booties came from Charming Charlie's. 

After my retail therapy session yesterday, I prepared myself for the hot and humid weather and made a trip to the zoo. 
It was a pretty average zoo experience, watching the monkeys swing from rope to rope, elephants tossing hay up into the air. But then I got to the bird exhibit. (DISCLAIMER: I'm not a fan of birds. At all.) For some crazy reason, I decided I wanted to purchase a little cup of nectar and go into this exhibit and hold out my arm and let birds sip the nectar from my hand.
Except that's not what happened. 
There were bird fights.
And then one sat on my shoulder.
And another one licked my forehead. 
It was madness, and I made a lot of ridiculous faces, but you can check out the video at either of these links:

It was probably the most exciting (and frightening!) parts of the day.

Stay tuned to see updates from my scavenger hunt to find the best Dia de los Muertos decorations and recommendations of where to eat at the Riverwalk in Downton San Antonio.


---xoxo, Bryn Mar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pumpkin Farmer

Travel Broadens The Mind

Workout Wednesday