Yours Truly, Huck Finn

When I found myself with an itch to use my new 24-70mm wide angle lens, I pulled out my nephew's red rubber boots, a pair of cut off jean shorts and an old suitcase and got down to business. My only issue? Convincing my Teen Titans Go addicted 7 year old nephew to let me take some pictures of him. In the heat. For an hour. Nonetheless once I promised plenty of time to splash in the water and stomp around in the mud I got an agreement. So off we went.

As we headed towards the water along the mowed down section of the path, he looked up at me with curious eyes and many questions of "I wonder how such pretty flowers just grow out of the ground themselves?" and "Does that look like an area where frogs live? If so, I can't go over there." 

Once we reached the water it was time to toss the luggage to the side and get down and dirty in the mud. Jackson enjoyed the stink of the mud as he rubbed it all over his arms and chest. Me, however? Not so much. But if I wanted to capture the best photos I could, I had to allow a little splashing and mud-flinging to happen. Needless to say, he enjoyed it. 

Towards the end, I wiped the sweat off of both myself and my camera, put my technology to the side and took some time teaching Jackson how to skip rocks on the lake. We then proceeded to pack up the picked sunflowers and head back towards the house. The whole way back he asked "So when can I get a camera like that?" We may have another photographer on our hands...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pumpkin Farmer

Travel Broadens The Mind

Workout Wednesday